East Bay Bus Rapid Transit Project
Plans call for the construction stations, infrastructure and components necessary to improve traffic operations along an approximately 9.5-mile corridor through Oakland and San Leandro. The proposed route starts in Downtown Oakland and ends at the San Leandro BART station. Major components of this project include:
- Utility relocations at some stations which include waterline and sewer work.
- Dedicated median bus lanes for exclusive use by buses and emergency vehicles in most of the corridor. Side-running bus only transit lanes with permitted right turns and access to driveways.
- Raised median station platforms with level boarding in median running transit ways.
- Raised curbside station platforms with level or near-level boarding in side-running transit ways.
- Proof of payment ticket validation.
- Ticket Vending Machines (TV) and Clipper Card Readers on every station platform.
- Fiber optic communication system.